Thursday, January 31, 2008

Podcasts

I subscribe to a number of podcasts. In fact, I rarely have time to listen to all of the podcasts that I subscribe to. I particularly like podcasts that are a lecture series--since I only graduated from college a few years ago, I find that I still miss learning through lectures and not just reading. So, through iTunes, I found a podcast of lectures in medieval history from Oxford University. I also like podcasts in French. I am fluent in French but don't really know anyone else who is, so although I often read French books, I enjoy being able to at least listen to other French speakers through a podcast, even if I can't converse with them.


It was interesting to find other places to search for podcasts--I was really only familiar with iTunes, and it was great to find out that there are many more podcasts out there that I never knew about. I found a podcast called the Booklounge, which I added to my bloglines account. It is a Canadian podcast that interviews authors and reviews books (often Canadian, sometimes not). I had heard of the Booklounge before from friends of mine who work in publishing, but it had never occurred to me to subscribe to the podcast until I was browsing through one of the podcast search tools and stumbled across it accidentally. And now I have even more podcasts that I'll have to find time to listen to.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Yeah, so much good stuff, so little time. I really like your suggestion of listening to lectures. I'll keep an eye on your Bloglines account--you have lots of good stuff there.

Terzah