Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Downloadable Audio

I have seen Overdrive advertised around the library, but I have never really explored it. It's pretty exciting that there is a program that allows patrons to "check out" audio books, but then the files expire so that there are no issues with copyright infringement. Unfortunately, I find it highly unlikely that I will ever use Overdrive since all my home computers are Macs and I have an iPod, not one of the supported devices. Such is my life as a Mac user. But I am glad to know that the program exists, and I do hope that I will be able to use it in the future if Apple and Microsoft come to an agreement, because I am certainly not planning on switching away from Apple anytime soon.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

I'm a Mac and iPod user too, so I've never actually used Overdrive myself. It's a very common complaint from patrons, and we just have to keep telling them that we don't like it either, that it's up to Apple and the publishers.