Thursday, February 14, 2008

Library Thing

I've just set up my account at Library Thing. I had a pretty difficult time trying to remember all of my favorite books and the books that I've read recently to add to my catalog. As Paul Constant of the Elliott Bay Book Company (a Seattle bookstore) says in one of my favorite quotes ever, "Does anyone over the age of 16 even have a favorite book? Claiming a favorite is only indicative of the fact that you haven't read enough: Out of the thousands of books that I've read, with the enormous palette of ideas and emotions they've represented, how could I choose only, say, five? Why not ask for a favorite orgasm, or laugh, or grain of sand?"

That being said, here is a sampling of some of my favorite books:

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Good job, Carrie.

I have to say, I do still have some favorite books, though I agree that limiting them to just five or one would be impossible. The first books I put in Library Thing were my favorites.

I'll go look at my blog for your comment! Those weren't the books I was reading at the time--they're just a random sample, and I've noticed it changes which books it samples at any given time.

For a big fat LibraryThing library, check out Melissa Holladay's blog (linked from BPL 2.0).